How to Add Child Tickets to a Ticket
Child tickets are smaller sub-tickets added to the parent ticket. They are used to divide a ticket into a group of tickets, each of which can then be worked on by a different agent/team. This ensures that various aspects of a customer issue can be worked on at the same time.
Imagine a marketing firm that receives a request from a customer for a new marketing strategy for an upcoming product. The various tasks that the firm must do include market research, background checks, and legal verification. A new parent ticket is then created, and all the required tasks are divided among various teams/agents with the help of a child ticket. All teams then complete their part of the job.
Benefits of Child Tickets:
- Reduces ticket response time substantially
- Organizes a large task into a group of smaller efficient tasks
- Gives each agent more visibility and accountability
- Ensures better support to the customer
This article covers the following:
1. In your ProProfs Help Desk account,
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to Workflows > General in the left navigation pane.
- Enable Child Ticket and click Save.
1. Open a ticket (parent ticket) from the Tickets tab.
2. Click the Child Ticket icon in the navigation bar as shown below. A slider window will open.
3. Enter the details of the child ticket:
- Select the team from the list
- Assign to an agent of the team
- Enter the subject
- Choose the priority
- Enter the message and add an attachment (if required)
The below image depicts the confirmation message with an option to view child tickets.