How to Create & Use Custom Fields
Custom fields are used to enter metadata about a ticket. They enable you to add more details about a ticket to speed up the ticket resolution process. You can create custom fields based on your needs in the ProProfs Help Desk.
For example, you can create a custom field about software bugs, and your team can use the custom fields to specify the type of bug even before the ticket is assigned to a member.
Benefits of custom ticket fields:
- Enhanced reporting to identify what's driving your ticket volume
- Based on customer's issues, it will allow you to set up triggers & automation to reduce the resolution time
There are seven types of custom fields that can be created in the ProProfs Help Desk.
Select Inbox: You can pick an email inbox whose incoming tickets can have custom fields.
- Dropdown: This is used to create a dropdown menu.
- Text: This is used to add a single line of text information on a ticket.
- Multi-Line: This is used to add multiple lines of text information on a ticket.
- Checkbox: This is used to create a checkbox menu for tickets.
- Numeric: Used to enter a relevant numeric value for a ticket. For example, the estimated price of a Product.
- Decimal: Used to enter a relevant decimal value for a ticket.
- Date: Used to enter the date.
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Custom Fields.
Step 2: Click on +New Field at the top-right and select the type of custom field you want to create.
(i) Enter the Label Name.
(ii) For Dropdown and CheckBox, you also need to enter Field Values. These act as the multiple options that can be selected.
Step 3: If the field is required for every ticket, check the Required field box. Once done, click on Save.
To use a custom field, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Click on More and select the Custom Fields option.
Step 2: In the side menu that appears, fill the fields you want to and click on Save.
That is all about custom ticket fields in the ProProfs Help Desk.