How to Add Users to Your Help Desk Account
Help desk agents are the users who handle tickets. Their work includes closing, changing, moving, and tagging tickets, and more. Simply put, an agent works with customer requests.
Here's how the user list will appear in your account:
Why should you add users to your account?
- Assign tickets to different agents based on their expertise, availability, or workload.
- Collaborate with other agents using internal notes, shared inboxes, or group chats.
- Track the performance of your agents using reports, ratings, or feedback surveys.
In this article, you'll learn:
Step 1: In your ProProfs Help Desk account, go to Settings > Users: Click New user.
Step 2: You’ll be redirected to the “Add a new user” form. Here you can configure the following:
- Name: Enter the name of the agent.
- Email: Enter the email address of the agent.
- Phone: Enter the phone number of the agent.
- Teams: Designate the group that the agent will be a part of.
- Role: Assign a position to the agent. Agents can have one of four roles: admin, manager, staff, or watcher. Each role is unique and provides selective access to certain features.
- Allow this user to mark a ticket as spam: Enable this option to allow this user to mark a ticket as spam. In doing so, you won’t receive new tickets from the email address used to send the ticket marked as spam.
- Assign tickets automatically: Enable this option to automatically assign tickets to online agents based on a round-robin format.
- Max open ticket limit: Admins can set the maximum number of open tickets with the user at a given point in time. Once the limit is reached, no tickets will be assigned automatically to the support agent.
- Signature & insert image: Enter the agent signature here or provide its URL. The signature entered here would automatically be inserted at the end of each email the agent sends.
Admins can set the maximum open ticket limit for agents to reduce the turnaround time for user queries. This applies to both existing and new users.
For existing users:
Step 1: Go to user settings by opening the three dots or the kebab menu and clicking on 'Edit.'
Step 2: Turn on the "Max Open Ticket Limit" and select the number of open tickets to assign to the user. You can choose a maximum of 20. Once done, click Save.
For new users:
Set the maximum number of tickets to assign to the user you are adding by turning on the "Max Open Ticket Limit."